Rules of the Realm
- In the event of an emergency, contact our Festival Staff at either the First Aid Tent (located in the center of the Festival), or our Information/T-Shirt Souvenir Tent at the festival front entrance. Williamson County Deputies are also on patrol inside our Festival Grounds and can assist.
- Children and adolescents should be supervised by parents at all times during the Festival, including our children's art and craft area.
- Our Lost and Found (for patrons, children, or items) is located at the Information/Tshirt Souvenir Tent at the Festival front entrance.
- The Tennessee Renaissance Festival strives to be a family-oriented show, although not every show will be appropriate for children. Refer to our entertainment schedule for entertainment ratings and your selections.
- For safety reasons, patrons must stay on the gravel pathways when walking through the Festival. This is a wooded site: beware of poison ivy, insects, and wildlife.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD, COOLERS, GLASSWARE OR BOTTLES are allowed on the festival or castle grounds.
- Food allergy alert: peanuts, pecans, and almonds are on our festival food menu.
- Patrons - including children - bringing or buying swords at the festival must have the sword(s) sheathed and peace-tied at all times, for safety reasons. Materials for peace-ties may be obtained from festival staff or where weapons are purchased.
- Fire-arms, working or replicas, are not permitted on festival or castle grounds. Possession of firearms on the festival or castle grounds will result in prosecution. Williamson County Special Deputies will enforce these rules.
- NO PETS are allowed at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. Pets are not allowed in our festival parking areas or on any grounds, and are NEVER to be left in parked cars on our grounds.
- The Tennessee Renaissance Festival requires all participants, contractors, and patrons to make appropriate clothing and costume choices for a family-oriented show. Inappropriate and unacceptable clothing includes: swim-wear, thongs, see-through top or bottom garments, and any other clothing deemed too revealing by our festival staff. Such attire will not be allowed at our family venue. Shoes are required; bare feet are not allowed.
- Use, sale, or display of illegal drugs or substances will result in prosecution. Patrons of legal drinking age must purchase (with appropriate ID) and consume their own alcohol. Anyone purchasing alcohol is expected to drink responsibly.
- Stealing or shoplifting of merchandise or festival property will result in prosecution.
- For safety reasons, patrons must ride our castle tour bus to the castle for the tours. Tour times start at 11am and close at 3pm. (Suggestion: earlier castle tours have less wait time in line. Go early!) If inclement weather occurs during the castle tours, tours may be cancelled for the safety of our patrons.
- For safety reasons, always follow the directions given by the parking attendants. Our festival parking gates are locked at 7pm.
- No refunds will be given on any Festival Admission, Complimentary Ticket, or Ticket Purchases.
- The Tennessee Renaissance Festival seeks to protect the safety of its guests, subcontractors, and staff. Any abusive, disruptive, or threatening behaviors will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to dismiss anyone from the festival or castle grounds that we feel is endangering the comfort and safety of our guests, subcontractors, or staff. Decisions of the Festival Staff are final. Entrance into the festival is a license to enter the Tennessee Renaissance Festival and is revocable at the sole discretion of the management.
If you have questions, concerns, or require further information please contact the Freemans at (615) 395-9950.
Note: All film, digital, and recording rights are reserved. Commercial film, digital, and sound recordings rights with respect to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival, Castle Gwynn, entertainment and performers and staff are reserved.
Commercial use of any photographs, digital images, and tape or video recordings of Tennessee Renaissance Festival and Castle Gwynn, without the express written consent of Tennessee Renaissance Festival or Mike and Jackie Freeman is strictly prohibited. All materials contained on this website are protected by United States Copyright law and cannot be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, manipulated, displayed, published, or broadcast without prior written permission.
We hope you enjoy your day and take away great memories of our festival!